Saturday October 4th, 2014
The NAMI 5K Run For Mental Health, Batavia, Illinois.
The NAMI 5K is a benefit for the local chapter of NAMI, a nonprofit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families, and friends of people with severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic and other severe anxiety disorders, and other mental illnesses that affect the brain.
Come and enjoy:
- High quality technical race shirt (guaranteed for everyone preregistering)
- Ozzie, the Kane County Cougar mascot, at the finish
- An undated reserved seat ticket voucher for the 2015 Kane County Cougars (limited to the first 500 at packet pickup)
- On course motivation from iDance and Moves Dance Studio
- Kids Fun Run - no registration necessary
- Kids "bounce house"
- Live DJ entertainment from Dan of A+ DJ
- Massage and stretching table
- Prize drawings
- Fantastic trophies and medals for top finishers
- Helping raise money to help families dealing with mental health issues
- A fantastic run or walk along the Fox River Trail